For the purposes of this policy the term ‘Company’ refers to Blaydon Communications Limited of Factory Road, Blaydon, Tyne and Wear, NE21 5RY. The Company is registered in England with reference number 01051050. The Company can be contacted by post at the above address or via telephone on +44 (0) 191 4144241
This policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations and requirements of the users, the website(s) and the Company. Furthermore, the way our website(s) processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
The Company takes a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their dealings with us. Our websites comply with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
What are cookies? - Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
We use anonymous session cookies (short-term cookies that disappear when you close your browser) to help you navigate the website and make the most of the features. If you log into the website, application or a course as a registered user, your session cookie will also contain your user ID so that we can check which services you are allowed to access.
Should users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Whilst dealing with us by telephone, email, in person or using our websites, software applications or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, email, account details, payment details, etc.). We will use this information to provide services to you allowing for a great customer experience; any resulting marketing from our relationship will be purely on a consensual basis. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as adopted into law of the United Kingdom in the Data Protection Act 2018. Further, by providing telephone, fax and email details, you consent to the Company contacting you using that method. You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us at:
[email protected] or by calling us on +44 (0) 191 4244241
Information collection and use
How do we collect information?
The Company collects information in two possible ways:
- When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you sign up for our site, purchase our products or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing registration forms. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
- When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”)
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone.
How long do we keep your data for?
The Company will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the Services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our sales or engineering team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related services to you.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you.
The Company will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of filling out the site registration form or by other communication to us, to anyone.
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to us by contacting our customer services team on +44 (0) 191 4144241 or via [email protected]
- Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address.
- You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by us regarding your profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account with us is deleted.
- You are also free to close your website account through our website account settings. If you do so, your account will be deactivated. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
- You can always feel free to update us on your details at any point by giving us a call on +44 (0) 191 4144241 or by dropping us an email to [email protected]doncomms.co.uk
- You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any emails from us.
- You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact us by giving us a call on +44 (0) 191 4144241 or by dropping us an email to [email protected]
Please note, we are constantly reviewing how we process and protect data. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. We will endeavour to publicise any changes in the shortest timescales.